I'd say you want admin-style tasks:
- commit notifications (with a link to see the changelog and perhaps diffs)
- log viewing ("I can't log in")
- user admin ("need to add a new user")
- repo admin ("need to create/delete a branch")
- server admin ("suspend/restart repo access")
A developer would want the actual SCM if he's developing directly on the mobile device, otherwise, I doubt he'd use it. Even items like notifications of build failures or checkin notifications can (and usually are already) handled by emails.
The only additional thing a dev might be interested in is the commit notifications, so he can see what changes his colleagues are making to his project as they make it.