After reading a lot on this forums, it seems that my current employer isn't a really great place to work and I'm wondering if I should move on, or stay a bit longer and then leave so it looks better on my resume (Only been here 3 months).
Things that I'm worried about with this company
- A completely non technical manager with little management experience leading this team. Fine in a bigger company but we're a small team (< 10 employees)
- Alright hardware but no choice of OS and we can't get any decent software bought for us
- Terrible salary and no overtime pay, not great benefits
- Mandatory overtime. If I didn't work tons of overtime nothing would be done in time and I'd get in trouble
- Stuck fixing old code which is terribly written, unstable, undocumented and full of bugs. We don't use it anymore but lots of clients to maintain
- We must track ALL of our time, billable, non-billable and internal
- No bug database (I'm trying to implement one, hard since I have no time since I'm working crazy overtime and I want some time to myself when I get it
- I'm the only programmer
So I work for a web development company that works with Joomla quite a bit, and I'm a PHP/Python guy with Java/C++ experience and a willingness to learn many other languages. I've also got experience in technical but non programming related fields such as System Administration.
I'm wondering, should I call it quits, wait a while longer so I can use the job on my resume, or try and fix the problems we have?