Some years back I have developed a little C# class library, which is still frequently downloaded. Since I do not have the time to support the project any more, I would like to donate it.
What is the best place to do so?
- I will not be the owner of that project any more, I just "want to hand it over"
- It has to be "free of charge", non commercial, ...
- Best would be if others could make changes and also re-distribute them
- It must not be a legal hazard for me, so no obligations etc.
Have you done something before, what would you recommend...?
Update: I got excellent feedback in virtually no time, so I have to choose a license. I am not so much in that legal stuff, also it is not my main interest. What do you recommend for this? In plain words, I only have little demands (clarifying my intentions):
- People can use it for commercial and non commercial software
- I do not want to be in any kind of liabilities
- All improvements (fixes etc.) should be also available for me and the public under the same license as in 4.
- I do not want force people to publish their whole source code when they deploy the library as part of a bigger project. But I want them to re-publish any direct improvements or bug fixes.
There are too many licenses to read them all....