I am wondering what should an algorithm documentation contain? Can't locate a proper guideline to follow. I have in mind to include
- summary of the algorithm
- description of the algorithm
- pseudo codes
- sample input data set(multiple)
- output data
- unit tests
The client requests such a documentation to: Maintain confidence in our own numbers as well as to describe our process to potential customers so they know we are taking steps to check and verify our calculations.
- How would look like such a documentation? (example PDF)
- What would you include more in this documentation?
- What I enumerated is that good, or this should be somehow documented differently?
- How would you search in Google for such documentation samples?