I'm preparing a session for an important number of programmers. So this year I won't be able to interview them all individually as I usually do.
The goal is to identify common weak points. For example if on 50 developers, 76% of them failed to answer multi-threading questions properly, we will focus on that in the training.
At the end of the training, the same assessment will be proposed and results will be used to evaluate the success.
- questions are general and not related to a specific technology (ex: .NET or Java). For example, the Programmer Competency Matrix is a good base.
- time limited (for example, 60 minutes to answer all questions or x minute per question is fine too).
- random questions (they will be in the same room).
- programmers should be able to write code within the answer (maybe I'm dreaming a little bit there...), for example to solve a bug. Please propose your solution even if this feature is not there.
- results are available in raw format (CSV or anything compatible).
Did you pass similar assessment when looking for a job? If yes do you have information about it?
I'm looking for an existing online assessment tool specifically for developers (general knowledge, not technology specific) OR paper assessment I could automatize with existing tools.