I have submitted a bug report over a month ago to one of the biggest software companies about one of their flagship development products (I deliberately not include any more details about this bug report, so that the question doesn't turn into a rant). I only received an templated assurance that "we're working on it".
- Is it normal for big companies to react to bug reports at such pace?
- Can one define a "typical" reaction time?
- Is it typically longer than the reaction time of large & actively maintained Open Source projects, or not?
- Is there a cultural difference in the way they react?
- For example, maybe the commercial companies try to avoid engaging in discussions about the bugs in fear of bad PR?