We have to design a flash player for three video sources of IPTV.
- Educational videos on the system that can be played on demand. (VOD or Video on Demand local)
- Streaming videos available on different websites that can be played on demand (VOD or Video on Demand remote)
- IPTV live streaming video feed
Videos from three sources have to be played within single flash player that we need to design. There are 2 basic requirements:
- For the two VOD types, we have to provide the pause and play functionality.
- For IPTV, pause and play is not required, However, channel switching time is critically important here. The user should get the program behaviour as close to TV experience as possible. This means channel switching should be fast. To provide this, buffering of video is required for multiple channels.
Now the questions is, is this possible? If yes, how? Secondly, what skill set (e.g. action script 3.0 , flash 10) should the flash programmer have to be able to design this? Thirdly is it as simple as making a normal FLV player? Or is it a more complex job?