So you take a contract where you have solid experience with 75% of the technology necessary. How do you handle your time to learn the other 25%? Work it into the billing time? Expose the 25% in the ...
Say you are designing a Square root method sqrt. Do you prefer to validate the parameter passed is not a negative number or do you leave it up to the caller to make sure the param passed is valid. How ...
I'm a huge fan of writing asserts, contracts or whatever type of checks available in the language I'm using. One thing that bothers me a bit is that I'm not sure what the common practice is for ...
Code Exploration (CE) is quite a new term and I wonder if there already any successful examples of implementing this techniques in terms of Continuous Integration principles? In short, Code ...
What benefits does having code contracts available within the language/framework have? How does it compare to using unit tests or assertions instead?
I know of a potential customer that has been paying for website development work on an hourly basis for several years by several independent contractors, but has never signed an agreement as to terms ...
Why must the burden of proof rest with the caller and not the method of the class that is being called?
Michael Perry states in his Pluralsight course on Provable Code (transcript subscription only) that: [T]he burden of proof rests with the caller In a code contract, why must the burden of proof ...
I often find myself wondering what programming best practices apply to solo programming, since most of the time, I'm the only programmer on a project. I just started experimenting with C# 4.0 Code ...
I have used Java Modeling Language (JML) with its runtime assertion checker jml4c for writing code contracts in java. However, it would have been great to have a static checker in place as well that ...