|visits||member for||4 years, 7 months|
|seen||8 hours ago|
When you ask a question, show your effort, provide all the details that will help someone to help you and be precise.
- StackOverflow question checklist
- Open letter to students with homework problems
- What have you tried
- Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example
- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
- Don't be a help vampire
- How does accepting an answer work
- Ask about the problem rather than your "soloution"
- Answering your own question is acceptable, just do it the right way
When you answer a question, don't just paste your code. Your answers will be much better when you explain why your code is doing what it does and how it achieves the asker's goal. It makes it a whole lot easier to follow along. As it is I am much more inclined to up-vote answers that have explanatory text about what the code is doing and why it is written as it is.
Obligatory link whenever someone thinks they are improving security by imposing all sorts of rules on password composition: Password strength
|bio||website||softwareonastring.com||visits||member for||4 years, 7 months|
|location||Netherlands||seen||8 hours ago|
3,787 Votes Cast
|all time||by type|