6,046 reputation
22151
bio website glennstovall.com
location Athens, GA
age 28
visits member for 3 years, 10 months
seen May 15 at 12:04

Programmer, Musician, and all around nice guy. Currently a developer for J House Media, do some of my own stuff as well over at Chromand. I'm also working towards a degree in Computer Science from the University of Georgia in my free time.


Sep
9
answered What is the (craziest, stupidest, silliest) thing a client/boss asked you to do?
Sep
9
comment What should every programmer know about programming?
i think this is the source of the old saying '90% of the work takes 90% of the time. the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time'
Sep
9
comment “Comments are a code smell”
I agree with the why not how part, and your refactoring works in this example, but with more complex code, no amount of variable/function renaming/refactoring is gonna have it make perfect sense, and comments will still be needed there.
Sep
9
comment What syntax element do you hate most in a programming language you use frequently?
Protip: in array functions, needle comes first. in string functions, haystack comes first.
Sep
8
awarded  Student
Sep
8
awarded  Teacher
Sep
8
answered What's the worst question you were ever asked at interview?
Sep
8
comment What do you do when you feel stuck on a project?
+1 for the potato idea. it's commonly known as rubber duck debugging: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging.
Sep
8
awarded  Supporter
Sep
8
awarded  Autobiographer