What I do
I'm a professional Java Web Application developer for a consulting company in the SE Wisconsin/NE Illinois area. On my own time, I'm a hobbyist game developer, writing a haunted house tower-defense game in Ruby called "Spookhouse".
- I'm teaching myself Ruby, and I know a bit of C#, C/C++ and PHP.
- I've done work in Arduino development and robotics, and dabbled in Nintendo DS homebrew development.
- I've done undergraduate research into computer graphics, AI, and game design.
- I've worked with the Selenium WebDriver web automation framework, Google Analytics and ReCaptcha v2, Amazon S3, Constant Contact, and various other APIs.
- I'm familiar with a number of version control systems and software process tools, though I'd like to use them more in my daily development process.
- I hold a Bachelor's of Science in Software Engineering from the Milwaukee School of Engineering, class of 2014.
- I was a member of several student organizations, including MAGE, Theater Troupe, and the MSOE Jazz Band at various points
- I was the co-founder and founding vice president of the FIRST Collegiate Robotics Organization.
- Good food
- FIRST Robotics Competition
- Anime and anime conventions
- Pragmatic software development
- Video games
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Haunted houses
- Disney theme parks
- Contemporary American history of the mid-to-late 20th century.
Without SO, I'd be lost. I started developing right as it was starting up, and I've been growing alongside it almost every day.