|visits||member for||1 year, 1 month|
Computer Scientist, AI Enthusiast
Generally pretty chill and friendly, though sometimes misunderstood
3k users UNITE! To the close vote queue!
Can we be a bit quicker to close (downvote) questions?
(a little harsh, but a necessary step to becoming a great community)
Random tips / guidelines / requests / rules for using StackOverflow:
- Unless you have extensive experience with a site, don't recommend it (especially Programmers), or at least add "I think that maybe possibly there's a chance, but I'm not at all sure"
- How much research effort is expected of Stack Overflow users?
- What should I do when someone answers my question?
- Be kind
- Format properly
- Look at the preview
- Don't fear line breaks
- Indent code properly
- Don't robo-approve
- Don't post duplicate or non-answering answers. Also, don't upvote these
- Always post an SSCCE
- Stick around for a while after asking a question to answer comments
- Pop in every now and again to tend to responses until you have an accepted answer
- Don't down-vote and leave. Give some time for it to be fixed. Preferably comment. Don't down-vote minor issues like minor syntax errors
- Don't be a help vampire. (My) summary:
- Give enough details so the question is answerable. We're not psychic
- Don't ask for a program to be written for you
- Learn, don't just want an answer
- Look elsewhere for the answer before asking a question
- Don't duplicate questions, there are reasons questions don't get answered
- Stack Overflow question checklist
CodeGolf suggestion to officially extend their scope.
|bio||website||careers.stackoverflow.com/…||visits||member for||1 year, 1 month|
1 Vote Cast
|all time||by type|